FREE HELPFUL ONLINE TUTORIALS
How to delete files and folders.
This is the easiest method to delete files and folders in Windows.
- You can use either Windows Explorer or My Computer to navigate to the file or folder you wish to delete.
- Using Windows Explorer: Open Windows Explorer (Left click Start then Programs then Accessories then Windows Explorer) or (Hold down the Windows key and press E) k
- Using My Computer: Windows XP Users click Start then My Computer. All other Windows users double left click the My Computer icon on your desktop.
- Navigate to the file or folder that you would like to delete.
- Highlight the file or folder by left clicking it once.
- Now press the Delete key on your keyboard.
- A window will then popup asking for confirmation to send the file or folder to the Recycle Bin. Click Yes to move the file to the recycle bin or No to keep the file where it is.